Experienced Lawyers Handling Employer Retaliation Claims

Many people are afraid to report incidents of discrimination, sexual harassment or other violations of their rights because they are afraid their employer will retaliate against them. If your employer takes retaliatory measures against you for exercising your rights, you may be able to seek compensation from your employer.

At the law firm of Joshua M. Bloom & Associates, P.C., our Pittsburgh attorneys represent employees throughout western Pennsylvania. In certain cases, we also represent small-business employers rather than employees in retaliation disputes. Because we are able to handle either side, we have peculiar insight into these cases — insight that we use to find creative resolutions to disputes.

We encourage you to call us today to arrange an initial consultation about your particular situation.

What Is Employer Retaliation?

In employment disputes, retaliation claims often arise as part of allegations of sexual harassment, claims of discrimination, actions taken against whistleblowers in qui tam situations, unpaid overtime, claims made under workers' compensation, and violations of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA). We will evaluate your case for free and explain your options to you.

Employer retaliation consists of any adverse action your employer takes against you for engaging in a protected activity, such as reporting a violation of your rights. Common examples of discriminatory retaliation include:

  • Demotion or taking away job duties
  • Lowering pay or taking away benefits
  • A transfer to a less desirable location or shift
  • Refusing to promote
  • Creating a hostile work environment
  • Wrongful termination or firing

What Compensation May I Receive if My Employer Retaliates Against Me?

If you are a victim of retaliation, you may be entitled to several forms of compensation, including back pay, lost benefits, job reinstatement, lost future pay and benefits, damages for emotional distress and punitive damages. Our lawyers will thoroughly investigate your claim and will fight tirelessly to help you get full and fair compensation for what you have endured.

Call for a Consultation With a Pittsburgh Park Wrongful Discharge Attorney

If you have been overlooked for promotion after complaining about having your rights violated or have otherwise had an adverse action taken against you, we can help. Call 412-567-6650 or 866-974-0915 to schedule an initial consultation to discuss your case. Or, if you prefer, complete our online form. We handle most employment law cases on a contingency fee basis, which means that you pay nothing unless we obtain compensation for you.